Nuffnang

Friday, January 17, 2014

YEAR 2013

year 2013 by zelanthropy
READ MORE ABOUT YEAR 2013 >> 

year 2013 by zelanthropy
Photography by Wil Mark. 
For me, 2013 was a year of change. It was my chance to refine and broaden my social knowledge. People say that stepping out of one's comfort zone is hard. YES it's REALLY hard but I took my baby steps and little by little I tried to face my fears.
street lights by zelanthropy Street Seoul by Zelanthropy walk with me by zelanthropyChange in me started when I took blogging seriously. It became my therapy from all the stress and pain that I felt in the past year (2012). During those dark days when I was confused and in misery, it became my saving grace.
the tea binondo by zelanthropy
I was never a confident woman. CONFIDENCE, big word right? For a blogger like myself who has no confidence in her own skin and skills, I felt such a hypocrite.  How can I share something I am so passionate about without having confidence in myself? My introvert nature confined and restricted me from chasing my dreams. DREAMS became just dreams and not GOALS. 
gyaru makeup
That was me in 2012. Now? I won't say that I'm a very confident person but one thing's for sure. I have accepted my flaws and I am very comfortable with how I see myself. Now I view things in a different way as I did the past years believing that I am capable to do great things. This is the new me.
I never imagined how blogging would change me. I was able to reunite with some friends and collaborate with them as well. Blogging improved my skills in alot of areas like photography, design, copy writing and styling. The things that I do at school to get good grades became a craft that little by little I wanted to perfect.
outfit of the day by zelanthropy
youth camp for asia's future 2013
Fashion shoot with Korean Delegates (to be featured soon)
Because of my passion, I got to meet people from other parts of the world who also share the same passion as I did and I got the opportunity to work with them as well. It's like hitting two birds with one stone.
collaboration with vieverie studios
Collaboration with Strings Manila and Vieverie Studios (Read about the article here)
collaborations by zelanthropy
Collaboration with Strings Manila, The Runway and Wil Mark. (Read about the article here)
collaboration with Wil Mark
This pushed me to become a better version of me. Their belief in my skills gave me confidence and strength to pursue my craft. As they say, it's not the ride that makes life fulfilling but the people that accompanies you through your journey.

I traveled to places I never thought I would visit and looked at things on a different perspective. 
I met a lovely couple from Australia during my trip in Taiwan.
sun moon lake
A shot I took of the Sun Moon Lake in Nantou Taiwan Last May.
sun moon lake sunrise
A shot I took of the Sun Moon Lake in Nantou Taiwan Last May.
youth camp for asia's future 2013
World Cup Stadium, Seoul South Korea
Letting go of fear and judgement, I was able to join the Youth Camp for Asia's future last August, a delegation trip to Korea. 
youth camp for Asia's future 2013
Gyeongju Expo, South Korea with the other delegates from the Youth Camp for Asia's Future.
youth camp for asia's future 2013
Calligraphy Competition : Seoul South Korea
youth camp for Asia's future 2013
Sam Chong Dong, South Korea with co-delegates from the Youth Camp for Asia's Future 2013
youth camp for asia's future 2013
Youth Hostel, South Korea with co-delegates from the Youth Camp for Asia's Future 2013
youth camp for asia's future 2013
Han River Cruise, South Korea with co-delegates from the Youth Camp for Asia's Future 2013
Along the way I met friends from different parts of the world whom I learned a lot from.

I joined events and gatherings that helped me test my skills. I improved alot thanks to challenging myself to do more.
A makeup workshop like no other
A Make-up Workshop Like No Other with new found friends
Last July I was present at a makeup workshop like no other organized by the Makeup Hub (Read about the workshop here). I met new friends and was able to meet the famous pinay beauty Gurus. (Read about the meet and greet here)
A makeup workshop like no other
a makeupworkshop like no other


I attended Shebby's meet and greet too where I also met co-bloggers Clarisse, Jhessica, and Bing. (Read about Shebby's meet and greet here)
joyce sola's meet and greet by zelanthropy
hoyce sola's meet and greet by zelanthropy
I concluded my year at sis Joyce Sola's meet and greet. That was the perfect year end celebration where I met more people who share the same passion of beauty blogging as I do.

Nothing is constant in this world. I am one who took a leap of faith and was able to accomplish miracles. Of course, it's not only because of that leap of faith that I was able to get to where I am now but also to all the people who believed in me. Thank you to all my readers and friends who continue to support my passion. Without you, "Zelanthropy" will not exist. Thank you everyone for making my 2013 extra special. ♥ 
Let's make new memories to cherish this year.
Don't forget to go be beautiful!

jenna style

Have you read my previous entries?


Get updates by connecting with me on these links.

zelanthropy at facebookzelanthropy at twitterzelanthropy at tumblrzelanthropy at instagramzelanthropy at pintrestzelanthropy at google pluszelanthropy at bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment