Nuffnang

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Look of the day: Gyaru Makeup

Gyaru makeup by Zelanthropy
Hi loves! Who's a fan of Japanese fashion here?? Well if you are, you must be familiar with the Gyaru trend. Its a very popular trend here in Asia and can be spotted in magazines, Japanese beauty products as well as commercials and movies. I decided to do this look when I got myself a beautiful set of 3S lashes from Sample Room. 

 Gyaru Makeup Tsubasa Masuwaka
Photo courtesy of glamasia.com
According to Tsubasa Masuwaka (a gyaru model and owner of cosmetic brand Dolly Wink), gyaru is a Japanese girl who really pays attention to how she looks – from her makeup to what she’s wearing. She’s bold, daring, and not afraid of being who she is and what she loves. 

 photo Tumblr_m9qf5ehEWC1rno4dlo1_1280_zpsd1854a9f.jpg
Photo courtesy of wikia.com 
Now to achieve this look, I have a few points I need to accomplish. Here's my checklist when it comes to creating the Gyaru makeup look:
1.) Well defined eyes
2.) Bright, doll like complexion
3.) Natural looking flush of color on the cheeks and lips
8
5
3  1
1
Okay now on to the meat of this entry. I started doing my makeup by first applying a good base on my face. I spot concealed after because this will make the look more natural and breathable. Then I went ahead and contoured slightly the crease of my eyes and sides of my nose. 

I started my eye makeup by lining my eyes giving importance to making it look bigger and having a nice cat eye flick. Aside from lining the eyes, a good trick to do to create defined eyes is to use false eye lashes. Make sure to curl your lashes and apply mascara prior to falsies application.

False eyelashes have been a huge hit in Asia especially in Japan, Taiwan and Korea but sadly they don't sell like pancakes here in the Philippines. Now I wonder why. These babies are like magic. It can instantly define and make the eyes look bigger  with out the use of an eyeliner. 

Then I'd proceed to filling in my brows. It's important to get this step done because this will frame the eyes. After I'd just put on my favorite blusher and skip on the contour. Concentrate the blusher on the apples of your cheek. Then I highlighted the high points of my face and the inner corners of my eyes. 

Don't forget to seal your makeup with a finishing powder!

I applied a layer of concealer on my lips to act as base and applied lip color only to the center part of my lips. I just dabbed and blended the lip color to create a gradation effect. Then I topped it off with lip gloss.

Would you believe that I created this look with only eye liners and a beautiful set of falsies? Achieve diba. I can always get away with perfectly lined eyes and full looking lashes. Too bad I exceeded the amount of 500 pesos or else I would have passed the 500 peso makeup challenge.

On my eyes: 
Crease: Nichido Eye Contour Pencil in 02 Deep Blonde
Inner Corner:  Nichido Gorgeous Eye Pencil in 04 Nice Gal
Brow bone: Nichido Gorgeous Eye Pencil in 04 Nice Gal
Liner: San San eyeliner pen in Black
Tight line: Nichido Eye Contour Pencil in 01 Blackest Black
Lower Lashline: San San eyeliner pen in Black;
Nichido Eye Contour Pencil in 01 Blackest Black;
Nichido Gorgeous Eye Pencil in 04 Nice Gal
Mascara: Maybelline Hyper Curl Volume Express Waterproof Mascara
False Lashes: 3S Pre-glued Lashes in Sunburst
Brows: Essence eyebrow pencil in Blonde;
 The Face Shop Color My Eyebrow brow set in Gray Brown

On my face
Base: Biore Sun Protect SPF 48 PA+++
Concealer: Garnier BB eye roll on
Set: Ben Nye Banana Luxury Powder
Contour: Nichido multiple stick in Sunset Glow
Blush: Nichido multiple stick in Sunset Glow
Highlighter: FS two way cake in Silk

On my lips
Base: Garnier BB eye roll on
Lipstick: Combination of Wet and Wild Megalast lipstick in Rosebud and Don't Blink PinkShawil Crystal Lipgloss in 14

I'm absolutely in love with the 3S lashes because of many factors. I'll have a  review about it up soon. But for now, who wants an Ulzzang inspired look? 


I hope you enjoyed reading this article.
Thanks for droppin' by and Don't forget to go be beautiful!
jenna style



Have you read my previous entries?

Wild Peach Cosmetics Palette Review by Zelanthropy  Manicure Mondays by Zelanthropy  October Haul by Zelanthropy

Get updates by connecting with me on these links.
zelanthropy at facebookzelanthropy at twitterzelanthropy at tumblrzelanthropy at instagramzelanthropy at pintrestzelanthropy at google pluszelanthropy at bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment