Nuffnang

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Skin Update: Isotretinoin treatment

acnotin, isotretinoin, isotretinoin treatment, cure for cystic acne, how to combat acne, acne solutions, best medication for acne, acne skin update, acne treatment, how to cure acne, cystic acne cure

I've been on Isotretinoin treatment for exactly 15 days now on a 1 pill dosage and so far so good. My first few days was terrible. The meds made my acne come out on a go and maybe it's also because I was about to have my period then. After a week though and having my period pass, the breakouts have subsided and there are about only a couple of comedones left. My skin and hair have started to dry up after my 2nd day of meds intake which is a good sign for me. Now after 15 days my skin has reversed from super oily to normal and I'm very happy about this. I apologize for not being able to take photos of my before (super acne infested) face. I don't have the confidence to show it to you all but this is what my skin status is now.

acnotin, isotretinoin, isotretinoin treatment, cure for cystic acne, how to combat acne, acne solutions, best medication for acne, acne skin update, acne treatment, how to cure acne, cystic acne cure, my acne story
You could still see the aftermath of the breakout.
acnotin, isotretinoin, isotretinoin treatment, cure for cystic acne, how to combat acne, acne solutions, best medication for acne, acne skin update, acne treatment, how to cure acne, cystic acne cure, my acne story
Although my skin appears better in photos, I still have alot of small bumps (whiteheads) going on my cheek and chin area. Also if you can notice, I have a lot of blackheads on the nose area as well. Acne scars and hyperpigmentation are still visible from the breakout that I got.
acnotin, isotretinoin, isotretinoin treatment, cure for cystic acne, how to combat acne, acne solutions, best medication for acne, acne skin update, acne treatment, how to cure acne, cystic acne cure, my acne story
Hopefully after a good month of medication intake my pores will be less bigger and my whiteheads and blackheads will lessen by 50%. ~cross fingers.. Hope and pray. For post treatment I am using green tea and vitamin E oil to speed up the recovery of my skin. I also changed my skin care routine from acne fighting to skin lightening to help my scars lighten.
acnotin, isotretinoin, isotretinoin treatment, cure for cystic acne, how to combat acne, acne solutions, best medication for acne, acne skin update, acne treatment, how to cure acne, cystic acne cure, my acne story, ponds flawless white deep whitening facial foam, cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
That's about it. I'll check in with you guys after another 15 days and let's see how my skin will react to the meds. Meanwhile, are you guys pro to the idea of me making videos on YouTube? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Plus I'll be posting an acne related entry soon so if you guys have any questions/concerns that you want to be included on the entry, just hit the comments section below or message me in facebook/twitter.

I love you all and Don't forget to go be beautiful!

Zel

For your reference
Acne -  inflamed or infected sebaceous glands in the skin or simply a pimple
Isotretinoin  -  medication used for cystic acne
Comedones - clogged pore in the skin or simply a blackhead or whitehead
Meds  -  short term for medication or medicine
Breakouts  - sudden appearance of massive spots/pimples/acne a person gets 
Period  -  monthly menstral cycle
Hyperpigmentation - unusual darkening of the skin

No comments:

Post a Comment