Nuffnang

Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream

Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
Hi ladies! As promised, I have another review for you all. It's my 2nd this week and I'll keep it coming. ☺ I've been road testing quite a lot of products lately, most of which are lip products, and I've been really loving them all. Anyways going back to my product review... Today I'll be talking about NYX's soft matte lip creams. I've been gaga over this babies ever since I bought them from Chic Cosmetics Manila at the meet and greet event hosted by Makeup Hub by Naturale Collezione.
San Paulo, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
PRODUCT OVERVIEW:
Brand: NYX
Product Name: Soft Matte Lip Cream
Product Function: Lip Cream
Produced in: China
Price: P250.00
Available at: Chic Cosmetics Manila
Sydney, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
The soft matte lip cream series carries about twelve colors: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Tokyo, London, Antwerp, Istanbul, Addis Ababa, San Paulo, Abu Dhabi, Monte Carlo, Milan, Sydney.
San Paulo Color Label, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
I've bought 2 shades: San Paulo and Sydney. Both have great color payoff and is very pigmented though I'm not a big fan of is it's scent. It has a certain candy-is sweet scent. 
Sydney color label, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
In one tube you'll get 0.27 fluid oz. or 8 ml of product. back labels, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review

San Paulo, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
I'm not a great lover of these types of packaging. One, because you can not get every inch of the product inside the tube. Two, because this types of applicators tend to be unhygienic especially when your multi-tasking your tools. Three, like mascara, every time you pump this product bacteria will enter the tube and you got yourself a bacteria infested thingamajiggy  sitting on your kikay kit.
Sydney, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
Ingredients:
Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl, Tetriasosterate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate/Elscosadionate, Dimethicone/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Propylene Carbonate, Methyl Metacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, May contain: D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45140), D&C Red 6 Na. Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140;1), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1); Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
San Paulo swatch, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
At first I thought that San Paulo was a hot pinkish color. Big pink lippie fanatic here. It was really dim at the event when I bought this and I forgot to make a swatch so when I got home I was shocked at what the color looked like. It was red! Not the brilliant looking red okay but still red. FUN FACT: I don't wear red lippies. Curious enough that this baby opened up my closed doors to wearing anything red.
san paulo swatch, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
Here I am using the shade San Paulo as lip color and blusher. Bagay ba? hahaha It really suits my chinita complexion. To be honest I am really hesitant to try out red lippies because I have this notion in my head that red lip color will make you look older and matured that's why I've been avoiding the reds. Well I guessed wrong. I look okay with some shades of red which only proves that red is pretty much a universal color that will suit all complexions. We just have to find the right red for us.
Sydney Swatch, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
Meanwhile Sydney is a pretty nude pink. I love how I can play with this as a lip color and blusher. I adore the color payoff of it! One disappointing thing though, for some people with super white complexion, this might not be a great shade for you. It will make you look sick and gloomy so I'd say wear a bright or bold eye make up with this lip color. Better yet, mix it with another lip color darker in shade and create a beautiful ombre lip!
sydney swatch, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
Here I am using the shade Sydney as lip color and  blusher. Gosh this is such a lovely color for every day use. I bet this will be perfect for morenas too. 
San paulo swatch, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
Insert random caption here.. Posing like a model huh? Well that's because the lip colors appear beautifully in photographs. I love how bold and beautiful San Paulo and Sydney turned out in flash photography. I don't know if it's just me but I think it auto corrects my lip shape and it appears to be bold and perfect in pictures. This will be brilliant for photo shoots!
Sydney swatch, Nyx soft matte lip cream review, nyx soft matte lip cream, best nyx lip product, nyx san paulo, nyx sydney, nyx review
I noticed that the product fades away 3 hours after application without eating or drinking. It's a bummer because it only fades out on the center part of my lips and leaves weird stains on the sides of my lips.

Also the formula is quite drying to the lips. It settles in the chapped areas of the lips as well. I'd have to re-moisturize my lips every hour or so just to keep it hydrated. One great thing though with the San Paulo shade is that when I apply lip balm over the it, I don't find it fading out. The balm blends the product well with my lips.

Okay let's recall everything that I've said so far...
Pros
Very pigmented
Good color pay off
Formulation is good
Glides smoothly on the lips
Matte finish
Nice color selection
Great multi-taskers
Not tested on animals

Cons
Has a weird sweet scent
Dries out the lips
Settles in lines
Packaging
Not long lasting


TIPS:
  1. Exfoliate and moisturize your lips prior to application of the product. Here's a quick tutorial on how to exfoliate the lips.
  2. Re-moisturize every hour so that your lips will not chap and dry out. 
  3. Use a lip brush for precise application.
  4. For hygienic purposes, instead of directly applying the product on your lips or on your cheeks, try scraping out the product first at the back of your hand then apply it to you lips/face with a brush or a cosmetic sponge. Usually multi-tasking makeup like lip tints tend to gather bacteria when we use the applicator on our lips. It's a big no no to use the same applicator on our face. By using a sponge or brush, this will lessen the chances of bacteria to spread around our face and will also lessen the chances of breakouts. 
  5. Instead of pumping the applicator to get some product, try to twirl it around the container. This lessens the chance of bacteria invading the inside part of the tube.

My final thoughts
I love how the product glides on smoothly on the lips and how it finishes matte. The color payoff of the product is also brilliant. I don't mind re-applying the product every now and then when it fades out but some of you guys who are looking for a long lasting matte lip color would find this product a ney. I also love how I can use this as a blush and lip color, maybe I could even use this as an eye shadow base. Downside for me of course will be the packaging and how it really drys out my lips. Nonetheless I think that this is an awesome product to try out.


Will I recommend this product?
Yes! This is great for those who want prefect matte lips. Or people who have lip stains and would want to cover them up. It's great for photo shoots as well. 

Will I re-purchase this product?
Yes. I've been wanting to try the shade in Antwerp for such a long time now so maybe I'll grab myself one soon.

Thank you for stopping by and reading this review. I hope it has helped you guys in one way or another. Please do like and follow me for more updates. Have an awesome day Bellas.

Go be beautiful!
Zel


Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored review.

No comments:

Post a Comment